I was sitting on my couch watching tv (I may have been watching Duggar family reruns on TLC) when I realized I have to update you guys on my progress for week 5 of the challenge! I have just been so focused on trying to get everything done in time for the big reveal next week… I’m not really sure what happened to the last few weeks. I remember thinking I had so much time left and now I’m realizing that I’m going to be cutting it very close. I finally bought all of the fabric yesterday, so that doesn’t leave much time to make curtains, a bed skirt (added that one onto the list yesterday) and a headboard. Note to self… next time I participate in this challenge I will purchase fabric in week 4, no later.
I took a vacation day yesterday and went to visit the Tonic Living showroom for the first time, I loved seeing all of their amazing fabrics in one room. I ended up changing the floral print that I had chosen since week 1, it wasn’t ideal because I did love the imperial bloom, but I think the new print will work much better in the room.
I also visited my favourite store on Queen West in Toronto, Designer Fabrics. I picked out my last fabric for the room and got all of the toss pillows there.
Upgrade our queen bed to a king
Paint the room Pick out fabrics
- Purchase a rug that actually fits the room and bed – umm I haven’t bought one yet. It will have to be tomorrow! Don’t judge if you don’t see a rug next week in the reveal.
- Reconfigure the room to fit the king bed and 2 nightstands while keeping a makeup vanity and the dresser
- Ask my mom to make custom curtains (Don’t worry Mom, I will help!)
- Make an upholstered headboard
- Refinish 2 nightstands that I bought from a garage sale– Almost done
Refinish and reupholster a chair for my makeup vanity
Purchase a new makeup vanity Decide on wall decor Buy table lamps Change the hardware on my dresser
- Replace the closet doors,
ceiling light, and finish whatever else needs to be done to make this room our perfect retreat!
Okay, so I have a lot to do in the next week. Wish me luck and I can’t wait to show you the finished product!:)